Friday, February 27, 2009

Chicago and rancid booked

Well I have solidified some of my spring and summer plans. I booked a round trip flight to Chicago, and a Hotel downtown for May 13-15. Then today I bought a ticket to see Rancid on June 11th at red rocks. This will be my 6th time seeing rancid in concert. Rancid isn't headlining although they are much better than who they will play with (imo). Rise Against is the headlining act. I've heard some of their stuff, and it is ok, but a little whinny and all to similar to each other. I'll give them a shot. I don't plan on walking out early like I have with other crappy bands. Once my friend Kelly and I went and saw Eve6 and Goldfinger, then the last act was Good Charlotte. We made it through maybe two songs of theirs before we bolted. My only other concert that I missed some of was when I dozed off while Incubus was playing at fiddlers green - I was with my man Ross Dawg that time, and it was a long day and lots of fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the "Ross dawg". I remember that long day in the sun...I nodded off a bit too. My memory is that 311 put on an amazing show that night.

Jon said...

They did a great show that night. I think that was my fist time seeing 311. There were many good bands that day. College was awesome except for the not having money part.