Thursday, August 07, 2008

Vacation Report

Well after way to many hours of travel I am finally home from vacation. Here are some of the Highlights ...

I ate at the Capital Grille with Randy. It was a very good steak, and a great cheese cake. I also enjoyed the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella with tomatoes.

Monday morning we went to the field museum. There are a ton of animals etc. to see there. I really liked all the ancient Egypt mummys and artifacts. For lunch we went over to Lou Malnatis and had some deep dish pizza, then we took the L to Wrigley field to watch the cubs. We made it through the 5th inning when the rains came, then the lightning, then the tornado sirens. we waited under the stadium for a long time, then randy and trisha took the kids home. I stayed and watched 2 1/2 more innings until lightning struck VERY close a few times and the game was called.

The next day the game was much better, although It was very hot and very humid for me. About 87 degrees and 70% humidity. The cubs rallied to win 11-7, and I got to use my new W flag. After cleaning up at my hotel I went to the Twin Anchors to try their ribs. The ribs tasted great, although I'm not a huge fan of their sauce. The bbq beans were excellent with bits of shredded pork in them, and the slaw was pretty good. I took a pulled pork sandwich back to the hotel and ate it for a late dinner, it was very good too.

Wednesday turned out to be a long day. I slept in then finally checked my bag at the front desk and went to the green door tavern. I had some hot wings and a cheeseburger. their wings were good - standard wing sauce recipe, the burger wasn't that great. I then stayed at the bar and watched the cubs score 8 in the 3rd inning on their way to an 11-4 win. I left and went back the the hotel grabbed my bag and began the journey home. I got the the airport fine, and we took off, then took all kinds of detours flying to Denver, and finally landed in Colorado springs. We waited on the ground for an hour or more then got refueled and finally flew to Denver arriving at 10:30 pm. we were supposed to arrive at 7:20. By the time I took the shuttle and got to my car and drove home it was 1:30 am.

It was a fun trip and I'm glad I got to watch the cubs win.

GO CUBS GO

No comments: