Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The MTN is on DirecTV

This morning while I slept at 4:00 am local time DirecTV began broadcasting the MTN (Mountain West Sports Network) on channel 616. It is available on the Sports pack. Select regions have it included in the basic package. I am in a region to receive it on the regular package.

However this morning when I woke up early to watch the new channel I was not getting it. When I go home for lunch I will try resetting my receiver, and if that doesn't work then I will be calling DirecTV.

I called at lunch time and spent an hour on the phone with them and no lick. They finally transfered me and said they are having a problem, and I should call back in a few hours.

After work I called back into the system and told the computer system I'm getting an error to call extension 721, or something similar. the computer re-sent my programming signal and in 20 seconds I had the channel, and didn't have to speak to a customer service rep.

No comments: