Friday, March 07, 2008

Vista SP1 imaging ...

So I was hoping that with the release of SP1 Microsoft would fix the computer name / domain issue with deploying an image, but Even with WAIK for vista sp1, and the Vista with SP1 DVD, I still can't get it to work correctly. With a * I can get a random name that joins the domain, without the * it doesn't prompt for a name, it tries a random name, but fails to create the trust account.

I at least have a working image I can use now though, even if it does generate a random name. Also winpe takes WAY to long to load. It does drop the image on the machine quickly.

Anyway that is what my day has been today. Computers ...

Tomorrow I deploy our final Server 2003 box, after that all new server will be server 2008.

Let the Good Times roll.

No comments: