Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Changes at work ...

Well, yesterday my boss announced she is leaving to take a position somewhere else. Her last day was to be on the 30th. Then for some reason she ended up leaving today instead. I got along with her well which was nice. I will look forward to now being able to learn from others, and to the possibilities this may provide for me to grow.

Starting tomorrow I am going to take over as the interim IT manager. I hope I can do well in this roll. I plan on working hard and applying for the permanent position as it is posted. I love the work I do, and enjoy the people I get to work with, and I Love where I live.

Heres to the future ...

*Raises and takes a sip of Henry's*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrad home boy. keep up the good work.
I might have to drink a henry in your honor.

Paul Denson said...

Hey Jon! I just heard about Sally leaving. Where is she heading off to? I'm sure you're doing great as the new interim manager, and hope it works out for you applying for that job permanently. I'd vote for you... if my vote counted at all, and if it was the sort of thing you voted on at all, and if I new when the vote was. Where do I get a J. Rhoades '08 bumper sticker?

Jon said...

Paul - She got a job around Wheatland / Guernsy I believe. Her husband already lived in Wheatland too. I don't know she is working now. Thanks for the 'vote of confidence'