Friday, April 11, 2008

Rancid Concert and other music news ...

I just bought tickets to see Rancid on Saturday July 26th at the Filmore in Denver. This will be my 5th time seeing Rancid. They are supposed to have a new album out in June. Weezer also has an album due out in June.

In other music news I just ordered the new Pennywise album. They have a limited edition (2500) double LP (vinyl) that I ordered as well as the CD. Goldfinger has a new album that will be out on April 22, and Millencolin's album will be out on May 6th. I listened to a few tracks from Millencolin and I really liked it. I also listened to a track from Pennywise that was really good.

I still need to buy Accelerate from R.E.M. I really like the song "Mr. Richards" and several others. I though of buying the new counting crows, but I only like half the album and find several songs very annoying so I might not purchase it.

Speaking of music I had some ideas of why when people get older they stop discovering new music, and stick with their old stuff. I find it hard to keep up with all the bands I like now, and figure out when shows are, when new albums are coming, etc. It really takes some dedication of time to follow bands, not to mention time to listen to them. Perhaps by the time we are in our 30's our time is limited and our current music followings are large enough that it doesn't leave time to discover and follow new bands. That is how I feel. I enjoy when bands I like come out with new music, and I'm sure there are new bands I would like, but I have just enough time to keep up with my current selection...

No comments: