Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No More Windows

I have been running Ubuntu now for a littlt over six weeks, and I plan on running it for the forseeable future. My system is still dual boot, but I haven't booted into windows in a month, and have no reason to. As soon as I transfer my important data from the windows partition I will format it.

I have really liked Ubuntu. It has been fairly easy to use, and stable since the beta went final. There is only 1 program I ran in windows that I can't find a replacement for - Newsleecher. I do have VMware though, and can launch a virtual windows if I ever need it for anything.

One of the thing I have set up on my linux box is a Tivo Server. I can now use my tivo to watch any videos I have on my linux box. I have 100's of more choices now, and get to watch them in comfort in my living room on my TV.

I also like the 3D effects available with Beryl in Linux. Windows burn up when I close them, I have a 3D cubed desktop, etc. The new Nvidia card I picked up is working out much better in linux than the ATI 8500 AIW I had before.

No comments: