Saturday, December 03, 2005

Usenet Leeching

I had used usenet before, and while it worked well, there were to many drawbacks. I was recently turned on to a program called newsleecher. This program implements a great search feature, and download feature. Combined with a usenet subscription to a place such as news hosting and I'm downloading at 100% of my maximum bandwidth (currently 325 kb/s). Once again my limitation is bandwidth.

In other news it is because of bandwidth that I didn't move this week. I found a place I liked, but found out that I could not get High speed DSL there. Cable is ok, but has crap for upload speeds. I need at least 3MB down and 1 MB up - so I'll keep looking.

I finally finished some hacks to my Direvtv Tivo - Adding MVR functionality. My tivo will play MP3's off of my computer, and let me view pictueres. I can also transfer video from my tivo to DVD via my computer. Not to mention having it accessabel througth the web to schedule recordings. TV sure has come a long way...

No comments: